NAASF Forest Resource Planning Committee (FRPC)
The Forest Resource Planning Committee (FRPC) is a committee of the Northeastern Area Association of State Foresters (NAASF). It consists of the State forest resource planners and GIS professionals from each of the 20 States of the Northeast and Midwest.
FRPC encourages and supports State forest resource planning programs and works to strengthen skills in planning, resource, and policy analysis, while developing and maintaining a working relationship with the Northeastern Area Association of State Foresters, the Northeastern Area, and other organizations.
More on Statewide Forest Resource Planning
- Considers all forest resources and their interrelationships on all forested lands, regardless of ownership.
- Uses an issue-driven, goal-oriented planning process.
- Involves stakeholders through effective public participation processes.
- Develops plan recommendations that are integral or complementary to other State resource plans and programs.
- Provides a budget framework for plan implementation.
- Provides State perspectives to Federal planning efforts.
- Technical training and program coordination carried out through the NAASF Forest Resource Planning Committee (FRPC)
For more information contact:
Sustainability and Planning Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org or 603-868-7737